Our British Desk team consists of lawyers who support UK-based companies in their business activities and investments in Germany. Many members of our British Desk have lived or studied in the UK, have knowledge of English commercial and business law and maintain close ties with the country and the British economy. Therefore, we advise the clients of our British Desk naturally in English.
As a full-service commercial law firm, we assist our British clients with almost all legal issues that may arise during the life cycle of a company. In doing so, we are also familiar with the special opportunities and hurdles in the relationship between a British parent company and a German subsidiary, German branch or German shareholding. Through our practice-oriented, interdisciplinary and crosslocation advice, we find quick and pragmatic solutions that are successful and convincing in both the UK and Germany.
A selection of advisory services that we regularly provide to companies and family offices based in the United Kingdom are listed below:
- Formation of companies, advice in connection with the choice of legal form
- Preparation of employment contracts and comprehensive support on HR-relevant issues, including litigation
- Advice on corporate law matters and issues relating to directors' and officers' liability, directors' and officers' duties, D&O insurance and compliance
- Registration, administration and defence of trademarks, effective enforcement of IP protection including litigation
- Investment in real estate, purchase of land, construction/conversion of buildings, renting of commercial space, leasing, property management, contracts with architects and construction companies including litigation
- Contract and commercial law advice on the drafting and negotiation of commercial contracts, in particular distribution, supply, purchasing, works, service, plant construction, IT and licensing contracts as well as general terms and conditions; advice on major projects and investment projects; advice on distribution law (commercial agency, brokerage and authorised dealer contracts, distribution system and e-commerce)
- Defence of claims and prosecution of claims, inter alia in cases of product liability, liability for defects, product recalls, default and other breaches of contract
- Litigation before state courts and arbitration tribunals
- Advice to insolvency creditors; preventive insolvency protection, defence against avoidance claims, advice during the crisis
- Support in IT and data protection challenges such as outsourcing, SaaS, avoidance of fines due to data protection violations
- Purchase and sale of companies and shareholdings, advice in connection with joint ventures and publicprivate partnerships
- Advice on reorganisation, restructuring and questions regarding insolvency law reporting obligations and interrelationships