Orth Kluth advises the Katjes subsidiary Dallmann's Pharma on the acquisition of the German market leader in the segment Kids Care "Bübchen"
Dallmann's Pharma GmbH (an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of Kat-jes International GmbH & Co. KG) signed a contract on May 4, 2020 to take over the Büb-chen business from Galderma Holding S.A. With this acquisition Dallmann's Pharma acquires the market leader in the segment "Kids Care" in Germany.
Orth Kluth Rechtsanwälte advised Dallmann's Pharma during the entire acquisition process. The transaction has already been completed.
Galderma was acquired in October 2019 by a private equity consortium led by EQT and now sold the business under the brand "Bübchen" as part of the strategic positioning of its portfolio. Bübchen achieved sales of approximately EUR 50 million in the past financial year. Production takes place in a plant in Soest with around 100 employees, who will be taken over.
The Katjes International GmbH & Co. KG, together with its sister companies Katjes Fassin GmbH + Co KG and Katjesgreenfood GmbH & Co. KG are part of the Katjes Group. Katjes International follows a "buy-and-hold" approach and acquires companies with established brands. The company includes the four subsidiaries Sperlari in Italy, the German companies Piasten and Dallmann's Pharma Candy and Harlekijntjes in the Netherlands. In addition, the Company holds interests of over 50 percent in the British Candy Kittens Limited and 23 percent in the French Carambar & Co.(CPK).
Consulting Orth Kluth lawyers:
- Dr. Kai-Michael König (Corporate/M&A, Lead management);
- Dr. Tim Christian Gießelmann (Corporate/M&A)
- Carolin Bergermann (Real Estate Law)
- Dr. Christiane Hoffbauer, Christian Blödorn (both Commercial)
- Prof. Dr. Michael Bohne (Data protection Law)
- Dr. Philipp Mels, Corinna Bödefeld (both IP/IT)
- Dr. Christina Cannistra (Corporate/M&A)
- Esther Herrnstadt, Mara van Straelen (both Employment Law)
- Dr. Lars Maritzen LL.B MLE (Merger control)
- Marieke Schwarz, Maria Najdenova (both Public Law)